I like to maintain a log of things and here are my mid-year updates for 2018. The year has been going great, so far.
- This time it was lot of Open Source coding as an Open Source Advocate
- Release of Zalando’s first State of Open Source Report
- Design, development and launch of Zalando’s Open Source website
- Developed a Node.js application for pulling Zalando’s Github statistics into a database
- Developed a Node.js CLI for creating and migrating Zalando’s Github projects
- Co-author for the draft of Zalando Open Source Team’s strategy, OKRs and KPIs (internal document as of now)
- More power to Open Source. My 2017 summer Outreachy project – Lightbeam is a finalist this year at PrototypeFund.de
I am very happy about the progress made in writing content this year!
- Insights into JSConfEU’s diversity scholarship process
- Working in the Open
- Overview of Web Tracking
- Wrangler for the Openness space at Mozilla Festival 2018
- Diversity Scholarship jury for JSConfEU 2018
- Co-organiser for the Intersectional tech meetup, Berlin
I am getting better and better with baking! 🎉🎉🎉
- I deliberately stopped the OpenWorld initiative. The idea was to publish one piece of article related to Openness. I think I should continue this effort.
- I was denied boarding at SFO while returning back to Berlin from O’Reilly FluentConf last month. Oh really, denied boarding is definitely a lifetime experience. You would never ever want to go through this! 🤷🤷🤷 (This wasn’t my fault and now I have filed a case against the airline).
- I had to cancel speaking at two conferences – HolyJS 2018, Russia and FullStack 2018, London. My passport expires in 3 months and it isn’t ideal to travel without getting a new one.
Hope you enjoyed reading!