Drum roll…..!!! We released Lightbeam yesterday and I am super proud of my Outreachy work. You can find Lightbeam at the Mozilla add-ons page.
What is new?
Below are the highlights of Lightbeam 2.0.1:
- Re-written from scratch to adapt to the browser web-extension API
- Asynchronous data capture and storage
- IndexedDB for data storage (data is stored only locally and not shared)
- Performance first
- The graph visualisation is canvas based, thereby improving the performance
- ES6 features – await/async, proxy objects, arrow functions, template strings
- Responsive UI with CSS grid and flexbox
- D3.js for the force layout of the graph visualisation including drag, zoom and pan
- Dexie.js for IndexedDB
Outreachy has been the best gift I have gifted myself. I highly recommend this program.
- I have been selected into the Mozilla Open Leader program and I am continuing to work with Lightbeam.
- I am also working on to create a visualisation view in WebVR using A-Frame for Lightbeam which is also a gallery session at MozFest 2017, London.
Stay tuned for more updates! Do give Lightbeam a try ^_^